Difference between revisions of "Xbox - Finding MAC Address"
|Line 47:||Line 47:|
Revision as of 09:46, 1 August 2012
Once you have found your Xbox MAC address you can visit ResNet.adams.edu to register your game device for use with the wifi. Here is how to find your MAC address.
To locate the MAC address of your Xbox 360 using the Blade Dashboard
1. Go to the System area of the Xbox Dashboard and select Network Settings.
2. Select Edit Settings.
3. From Additional Settings, select Advanced Settings.
4. At the bottom of this screen you'll see a heading called Wired MAC Address
To locate the MAC address of your Xbox 360 with the New Xbox Experience (NXE) dashboard
1. Scroll Down (if necessary) to "My Xbox"
2. Go all the way to the right and select "System Settings"
3. On the new screen, select "Network Settings"
4. Select "Configure Network"
5. Under "Basic Settings" check to make sure "IP Settings" is on "Automatic"
6. Go right to select the "Additional Settings" Tab
7. Go down and select the second item "Advanced Settings"
To locate the MAC address of your Xbox 360 using the newest dashboard
1. Scroll to the right to settings, select system settings.
2. Select Network Settings
3. Try to connect to ASCWifi, it will fail.
4. Select "Configure network", you should be able to find your MAC address under network configuration.