Setting Up Thunderbird for Faculty/Staff Accounts
From ASU HOWTO
Revision as of 12:17, 17 September 2015 by Christinestreeter
Setting up Thunderbird for ASU Gmail
- Before setting up Thunderbird for ASU Gmail, make sure that IMAP is enabled in Gmail. To do so:
- Sign in to Gmail.
- Click the gear in the top right.
- Select Settings.
- Click Forwarding and POP/IMAP.
- Select Enable IMAP.
- Click Save Changes.
Remove the connection to the old mail server in Thunderbird
- Right click on your email address in Thunderbird and select settings
- Under Account actions in the lower left side of the Account Settings window, select Remove Account
- NOTE: If you have set up a signature be sure to make note of it and back up the setting if need be. You Address Books and other settings will not be affected by removing the account, but your signature will be.
- If your email account has been migrated to Gmail, you will need to set up the new account in Thunderbird.
- Click on File > New > Existing Email Account
- Enter in your name, full email address, and password.
- Click continue.
- Verify the server settings:
- Incoming: IMAP Server Hostname: imap.googlemail.com port: 993 SSL: SSL/TLS Authentication: Normal Password
- Outgoing: SMTP Server Hostname: smtp.googlemail.com port: 465 SSL: SSL/TLS Authentication: Normal Password