Setting Up ApplicationXtender
From ASU HOWTO
Revision as of 11:40, 9 March 2009 by Wscs02
To set up ApplicationXtender:
- The faculty member must be logged in to their AD account.
- Next have the faculty member log into banner using their usual method.
- On the banner main screen, click the XS icon on the toolbar.
- After Clicking on the XS Icon you should get this pop-up in banner:
- If you do not get this pop-up, you may need to allow pop-ups on the Oracle Application Server Forms Services, (the background Banner window) for the Application Xtender Site.
- Click OK on the Password Sync. Pop-up.
- You will now need to close out of Banner.
- Now you need to run Internet Explorer as an administrator (hold the shift key while right-clicking on the Banner icon and select Run As).
- Enter the address for ApplicationXtender in the browser address bar, (http://xtender.adams.edu:7777/AppXtender/) and press enter.
- The browser should take you to the ApplicationXtender page.
- Click the Login icon on the ApplicationXtender page to be directed to the Log-in page.
- On this page, have the faculty member log-in (the same user-name and password that they use in banner).
- You will then need to run the Active-X controls that it prompts you.