Setting Up ApplicationXtender
From ASU HOWTO
Revision as of 11:03, 30 March 2009 by Wscs02
To set up ApplicationXtender:
- The faculty member must be logged in to their AD account.
- Next have the faculty member log into banner using their usual method.
- On the banner main screen, click the XS icon on the toolbar.
- After Clicking on the XS Icon you should get this pop-up in banner:
- If you do not get this pop-up, you may need to allow pop-ups on the Oracle Application Server Forms Services, (the background Banner window) for the Application Xtender Site.
- Click OK on the Password Sync Pop-up.
- You will now need to close out of Banner completely.
- Now you need to run Internet Explorer as an administrator (hold the shift key while right-clicking on the Banner icon and select Run As).
- Enter the address for ApplicationXtender in the browser address bar, (http://xtender.adams.edu:7777/AppXtender/) and press enter.
- The browser should take you to the ApplicationXtender page.
- Click the Login icon on the ApplicationXtender page to be directed to the Log-in page.
- On this page, have the faculty member log-in (the same user-name and password that they use in banner).
- You will then need to run the Active-X controls that it prompts you.
- The two Active-X controls that it gives you to install are, IrcViewer.cab and WxScan.cab:
- If it does not prompt you to install the WxScan.cab Active-x control, you will need to enable scanning, under the Page tab. The Page tab might not be accessible until you browse an image under the B-S-ID-Banner Student Common file (See Next Step).
- To make sure that the Xtender set up is working properly, go to the B-S-ID-Banner Student Common file and open an image inside to see if it loads.
- If you are able to load an image, the set-up was successful.
- In order to log-out of Application Xtender, you must click on the log-out icon or else you will still be running the Xtender in the background and this will cause complications for you in the future.