Resetting Token Numbers
From ASU HOWTO
Revision as of 11:20, 30 July 2019 by Woodisdd ws
New Token Process
- Computing Services has upgraded the Account Management system.
Login to the Account Management Portal
- Visit the Account Management Login page at https://accounts.adams.edu
- Click the Sign-in tab at the top of the screen
- Enter your Username and Password and select "Sign-in"
- Hover over the admin drop down at the top of the page and select search
Search and select the ID Number
- At this screen, you must search for the customer's 900 number, full user name, or full name.
- NOTE: If they do not know their Student ID number or Username, verify student information.
- Once the Student ID number has been found, click the 900 number that is displayed below the "Find accounts" box.
Verifying their identity
From the verification page, you must verify the first three required pieces of information and two additional pieces of information. If you are unable to verify the customer's information, please transfer them to the Records Office at ext. 7321.
Reset their token
- The final step is to click the "Reset token" button, and the new token will be displayed. This token has been increased from 5 to 10 digits in order to provide a more secure process for resetting passwords:
- NOTE: The original token generated by Banner never expires. However, once the token is 'reset' it will expire after 8 hours and the time of expiration will be displayed.
- NOTE: There is also an event log at the bottom of page that displays the actions taken on this account, when they occurred, and who they were performed by.
Account Management Process
- The customer is now ready to go through the Account Management process to obtain their username and password. Full instructions can be found by clicking here
- NOTE: If you experience any issues or have specific questions, please call the ASU Computing Services Helpdesk at x7741.