Gmail to External Mail Client
External Email Clients
With any email account (including student Gmail) there is always the possibility for the user to link and access their email through and external mail client such as Outlook, Thunderbird, or Mail (on MAC). The pertinent information required to setup the Incoming and Outgoing servers for ASC Student Gmail that is routed through a Mail client such as these is listed below.
Note - Google also provides a great resource for setting up a number of different email clients by clicking here: 
Our Required Server Info.
- Incoming Mail (IMAP) Server - requires SSL: imap.gmail.com
Use SSL: Yes
- Outgoing Mail (SMTP) Server - requires TLS: smtp.gmail.com (use authentication)
Use Authentication: Yes
Use STARTTLS: Yes (some clients call this SSL)
Port: 465 or 587
- Account Name: your full email address (including @grizzlies.adams.edu)
- Email Address: your full Gmail address (email@example.com)
- Password: your Gmail password