Copy Email Messages from Student Gmail to Alumni Gmail
Your student email account is deleted after you have not been enrolled in classes for 4 semesters. If you would like to retain a copy of your email messages, you can copy them to another account. The directions below are for copying your email to another Gmail account. ASU graduates are eligible for an Alumni Gmail account. For more information on getting your Alumni Gmail account please see this link: http://www.adams.edu/alumni/emailfaq.php
You should notify any contacts of the change of email address.
For more information, please see Google's help article on the process:
To copy existing email messages from your ASU student account (@grizzlies.adams.edu) to your alumni account, or another personal Gmail account:
- Sign into your account to you want to move the mail to, such as your *alumni* account or personal Gmail account.
- Click the gear icon, then select "Settings"
- Open the "Accounts" tab
- In the "Check mail from other accounts" section, select the "Add a POP3 mail account you own" option
- Enter your *student Gmail *address and select "Next Step"
- Enter your *full student email in the Username Field.(email@example.com)*
- Enter your password
- The pop server is: pop.gmail.com Port:995
- Ensure to tick the check box: Always use a secure connection (SSL)
- Select the options you want (label incoming messaging, archiving old messages, etc)
- Click "Add Account"
- Do not enable sending as your Grizzlies email account.
- You may receive a verification email on your student Gmail. You will need to log into your @grizzlies.adams.edu email account to verify that your new gmail account (alumni or personal) is allowed to retrieve the email from your @grizzlies.adams.edu account.
- It may take a few minutes for the mail to be copied from your @grizzlies.adams.edu to your new gmail account, depending on the amount of mail you have in your account.
To forward future mail sent to your student account to your alumni account:
This will only forward new messages sent to your student account as long as it is active. Once the student email account is deleted, the forwarding will stop.
- Log in to your *student Gmail* and click the gear icon
- Select Settings
- Select the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab
- Click on "Add a forwarding address"
- Enter your alumni email address.
- You'll get a verification email at your new email address, click that verification link
Please note: Your email will only forward FROM your student account to your ALUMNI account, for as long as the student account remains open.