Difference between revisions of "Connecting to ASUwifi - SafeConnect"
Revision as of 09:36, 9 December 2016
Basic connection steps
- On your device connect to the ASUWiFi network.
- Open a web browser. You should be redirected to the Safe Connect login page.
- Accept the license agreement and login using your ASU account information.
- If your credentials are correct you will be redirected to a site that will ask you to download a policy key. Download and install it.
- The policy key will check your computer for an up-to-date antivirus and current windows updates. If either of these requirements are not met, you will be notified of the issue and have eight hours to resolve it.
Requirement failed: AntiVirus
If there is some issue with your antivirus the below page will be displayed. If you do not have an one installed, please install an antivirus program of your choosing. You may also choose to download a free antivirus called Microsoft Security Essentials. Be sure your antivirus it up to date and attempt to connect again.
Requirement failed: Windows Update
If Automatic Update is disabled for Windows, then the below screen will appear. This can be resolved by turning automatic updates on. You can do this by selecting Start, Control Panel, and System and Security. Under the green Windows Update text there should be a blue link that says, "Turn automatic updates on or off." On the next windows click on the top drop down menu and select "Install Updates Automatically." Click OK and attempt to reconnect to the internet.
For any questions please call Computing Services at 719-587-7741