Connecting to ASUwifi - SafeConnect
From ASU HOWTO
(Redirected from Safe Connect - Connecting to the Internet)
Basic connection steps
- On your device connect to the ASUWiFi network.
- Note:If you have an ASU username and password do not connect to the ASUguest network. If you have previously connected to the ASUguest network please "forget" the network on your device so it no longer connects. If your device has saved both the ASUwifi and ASUguest networks it may bounce between the two networks, causing repeating authentication prompts.
- Open a web browser. You should be redirected to the Safe Connect login page. If you are not redirected to the Safe Connect login page, please try to navigate to an uncached webpage, such as www.cnn.com or www.bbc.com.
- Accept the license agreement and login using your ASU account information.
- If your credentials are correct you will be redirected to a site that will ask you to download a policy key. Download and install it.
- The policy key will check your computer for an up-to-date antivirus and current windows updates. If either of these requirements are not met, you will be notified that your device is not compliant. You will receive three warnings before your network access is restricted. Once your device is compliant, you will have unrestricted network access.
Requirement failed: AntiVirus
- If there is some issue with your antivirus the below page will be displayed. If you do not have an one installed, please install an antivirus program of your choosing. Some examples of free antivirus software are:
* Windows - Microsoft Security Essentials * Mac OSX - Sophos Home for Mac
Requirement failed: Windows Update
- If Automatic Update is disabled for Windows, then the below screen will appear. This can be resolved by turning automatic updates on. You can do this by selecting Start, Control Panel, and System and Security. Under the green Windows Update text there should be a blue link that says, "Turn automatic updates on or off." On the next windows click on the top drop down menu and select "Install Updates Automatically." Click OK and attempt to reconnect to the internet.</p>
- If you have any trouble connecting your devices or any questions please call Computing Services at 719-587-7741 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.