What are the different types of student accounts and their functions?
Microsoft-Active Directory (AD)
- Login to the lab machines
- Access your home directory to save your personal files (X: drive on PCs) Students can store up to 1 GB of data.
- Access the Shared drive (S: on PCs) to share files with other students.
Used to access the resources on the portal and provides single-logon authentication for email, webCT, and Banner-Web. The authentication piece talks directly to RADIUS (currently).
Access is only available after logging into the Portal. It provides access for students to be able to see their grades, register for classes, financial aid information, etc;
- The institution's Learning Management System (LMS) is available to all students. However, only courses that have a Blackboard component will appear.
- Support for Blackboard is available at the Academic Instructional Technology Center, located in MCD 115. Support is also available by phone at 719.587.7371, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Email Account
Provides each student with email access. There is a link off the portal page or can be accessed directly at https://www.google.com/a/grizzlies.adams.edu.
Student Web Site